This is a community celebration designed to start students looking and thinking about the upcoming school year. Students are encouraged to engage in physical education activities and play. Music and food provided. We highlight youth and family activities. Students (from Kindergarten to High School) are given awards, prizes, backpacks and free school supplies.
In Dec. 2000, a 501C3 non-profit Corporation called Highland Haven was formed. Highland Haven serves distressed communities in North/Northeast Portland with nine different social service programs.
WHO WE ARE
Highland Haven is a non-profit organization focused on educating and empowering youth. Highland Haven transforms the lives of promising youth and their families through dynamic collaborative programs which create a safe environment of self-directed and empowered individuals.
OUR MISSION AND GOALS
To educate and empower: Helping youth reach their potential to become self-directing and autonomous adults.
WHO WE SERVE
- Young men and women in distressed communities of North, Northeast Portland – Youth displaced in adjacent communities as a result of gentrification
PROGRAMS/PARTNERS AND EVENTS
- Audio-Video Mentoring Program
- Scholarship Assistance-Johnson Family Memorial Scholarship
- Love In Action/Park Ministry Campaign
- Camper ship Program (Michael Holton Basketball Camp supporter)
- Summer Youth Building Program –planned event
- Youth Summer Swing (5 days)-planned event
- Youth Life Management –
- Healthy Kids- Healthy Lifestyle advocate
- REACH (racial & Ethnic approaches to community health)
- HAAYCC (Highland African American Youth Community Coalition)
- HARRP (Highland access re-entry and recovery program)
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT?
- Volunteer Your Time
We are always in need of willing individuals to assist with mailings, staffing events, program managers and other administrative functions.
- Sponsor A Child
By sponsoring a child you can provide school supplies during the school year or assist a child with funding to participate in athletic activities and/or attending camp.
- Make A Tax-Deductible Donation
We are a non-profit organization with 501© 3 status, which means your donation of used computer equipment, school supplies or financial support is tax-deductible. TAX ID # ___________________________________
WHO DO I CONTACT?
Haven Executive Director/Program mgr Lessie Williams
7600 NE Glisan Street
Portland, OR 97213
Office: (503)287-9567 x204