March 17, 2020
A message to our Highland Christian Center community from Dr. Shon Neyland:
The health and safety of our staff, members, and community is our top priority. This is a critical moment in our world, and things are unfolding at a fast rate as it relates to COVID-19 virus. We will be in constant prayer for our world and everyone impacted, especially our faith community, persons who are tested positive, caregivers, first responders, businesses, and government.
What We Are Doing
- Staying Prayerful
- We are proactively working to ensure that we provide a clean and safe environment. Our facilities team will be thoroughly cleaning all restrooms, high touch-points, as well as providing hand sanitizer throughout the campus.
- Monitoring COVID-19 through Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), federal, state, and local health authorities.
- Taking proactive approaches with advice from our government and our own sensibilities to keep our community safe and healthy.
- Creating alternative ways to worship and connect.
- Using alternative ways to give/tithe to ensure the sustainability of the ministry.
- Cancelling in house worship services, mid-week Bible studies (Wednesday Night Live), and non-essential meetings.
Our Online Worship Experience
- Our Food bank pantry will remain open on Fridays from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm. Please contact the church office for immediate needs.
- Our Sunday Breakfast Ministry will serve on Sunday at 8:30 am in To-Go boxes.
Prevention & Safety Measures
The Bible encourages us to life up our eyes to the hills where our help comes from. We shall not fear during this crisis, but walk in faith with confidence in the Lord. First Lady Madeline and I are grateful to God for you and the work that He is doing in your life. We will get through this together.
Please keep us informed about the well-being of our members by contacting the church office at (503) 287-9567.
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Heb 11:1